Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thursday Journal Entry

I found these lyrics after this prayer...


10:39pm and I am still crying. Never did I see this coming. I write this in disbelief. I'm stunned, confused, crushed, heartbroken. My life has been spinning in circles. All summer I've been interviewing, waiting, and hoping. For what God?  I can't see Your plan. I've dreamed for so long for this and I'm back to the beginning. I'd ask "why", but that's not fair. You are Sovereign. Your hand was in this whole situation. You already knew it was coming. You'll give me enough strength and grace to pass these tests again. Fears overwhelm me. Failure surrounds my being, incompetent begins to feed my brain of I can't. Where there is a will, there is a way. I will fight though I'm fighting away tears to be a stronger person. I am loved by You. Your grace is enough and  I am stronger in Your name, Amen. 

I believe in a blessing I don't understand
I've seen rain fall on wicked and the just
Rain is no measure of his faithfulness
He withholds no good thing from us
No good thing from us, no good thing from us

I believe in a peace that flows deeper than pain
That broken find healing in love
Pain is no measure of his faithfulness
He withholds no good thing from us
No good thing from us, no good thing from us

I will open my hands, will open my heart
I will open my hands, will open my heart
I am nodding my head an emphatic yes
To all that You have for me

I believe in a fountain that will never dry
Though I've thirsted and didn't have enough
Thirst is no measure of his faithfulness
He withholds no good thing from us
No good thing from us, no good thing from us



Sara Groves "Open My Hands"

No comments: